Job Vacancy: Calibration Technician
6th December 2021
Initially reporting to the Calibration Team Leader and/or Technical Manager, you will be part of the team responsible for the day to day operation of calibration facilities, ensuring customer expectations are managed in terms of quality, technical and timing. Once initial familiarization and training has been undertaken you will be expected to operate in at least two areas of the facility with minimal or no supervision. You will be responsible for the day to day calibration of various instrument types, and will be expected to work in a clean, tidy environment. You should be actively involved in improvements regarding test methods and procedures, test rig equipment maintenance and rig validation. You will be expected to understand the day to day validity of test results, quality control, and maintaining the relevant ISO 17025 standards and lines of traceability.
Due to the nature of the work, the position may require extended hour working due to high demand.
- Day to day operation of the facility.
- Installation and rigging of calibration items into the relevant rigs.
- Modification of test rigs and piping systems to suit individual test requirements.
- Day to day problem solving and investigations.
- Processing of calibration results, certificates and labelling.
- Checking and pre-approval of calibration certificates prior to signatory sign-off.
- Liaison with other test and calibration personnel for priority tasks.
- Cleanliness of the laboratory, associated areas, fittings and tools.
- Technical correspondence with customers.
- Supporting other laboratory technicians in calibration tasks for high volume areas.
- Providing input to management on continuous improvement.
- Providing support and training to apprentices and trainees.
- Working unsupervised and in a timely and professional manner
- Participation in peer assessments, internal investigations and UKAS assessment visits.
- Ensuring calibration equipment is fit for purpose, calibrated and fully functional.
- Ensuring customer turnaround times are met.
- Liaising with the management on a continuous basis.
- Development of improved working practices and methodologies.
- Highlighting and implementing cost reduction solutions.
- Highlighting potential new income sources and facility upgrades.
Additional to the main duties as set out above, you may also be required to undertake any of the¬†following tasks:
- New reference equipment assessments and trails.
- Development of the test rig software.
- Improvement to processes and systems.
- Visits to customer sites, including on-site calibrations.
- Supporting the Testing and Cleanroom teams.
- Delivery and pick up of equipment from customer and/or supplier sites.
- Contributing to both quality and technical procedures.
- Goods In / Out support
APPLICANT MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Ideally the candidate will be educated to at least grade C level in Mathematics and Science subject ( or equivalent diploma level ).
- The candidate is required to have at least 2 years of experience in a workshop or laboratory environment.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft excel and Word.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
£19,500 -£28,300 depending upon experience.
Are you excited about this opportunity and do you recognize yourself in the abilities we are looking for? If so we would like to get in contact with you! Please send your resume and/or any questions to:¬†
Mark Hindle, email address:email@example.com